A Plethora of Questions from UAT

Forums General A Plethora of Questions from UAT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Currently going through UAT (user acceptance testing) for my site and I have some questions about the functionality:

1. I currently have a subscription level 1 that has 30 downloads per month. This subscription also has a 1 week free trial period. Is it possible to have even MORE download restrictions during the trial period? (like instead of 30 DL’s, they can have less downloads during the 1 week trial period)? I’m not sure how Trial Periods work when it comes to download restrictions.

2. STRIPE PRO-FORMS: I notice that i can add a billing method on a Stripe Checkout pro form, but I don’t see how to delete the method i’ve added. Is there a way to do so?

3. COUPON CODES: If I use a coupon code for a subscription level on the Stripe Pro-Forms (generated by s2member, of course)…does that discount apply only for the FIRST MONTH, ONLY? If not, then how can I make it so?

These are the questions I have for now. Great plug and keep up the great work.

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Another question (to add to the one above):

4. Using the Stripe Pro Forms, once a new user signs up for access to Level #1 (via a pro form), how can I re-direct that user to the login page (/wp-login.php) with a message that says something to the tune of “your account has been created successfully, please log in”?

I think I will be good after this. Thanks.

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Another one (I know its alot of questions…):

I created live transaction with my account…and used Paypal Standard (using the 1 week free trial).
    Then I tried to “Unsubscribe” (using your Paypal Cancellation Button).
    It asked me to login to my paypal account, then it gave me this message:

The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in 'My preapproved payments'.

I then found out that i can unsubscribe WHILE in Paypal.

Would you know what the issue with the Unsubscribe button you supplied is?

download restrictions during the trial period?

No, the restriction is based on level, and the user gets the level for the trial, so he gets the same amount of downloads as the paying subscriber at that level.

It’s an interesting question, though. If it were me, I’d probably look at using advanced conditionals to try limit it. Maybe change the limit number dynamically based on his time at that level… I haven’t done this before, though, so I don’t know exactly what the code would be.

i can add a billing method on a Stripe Checkout pro form, but I don’t see how to delete

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Could you show me?

discount apply only for the FIRST MONTH, ONLY? If not, then how

You could use the ta-only directive for the coupon, and then you’d need to make the first month be the initial term of the subscription you’re selling, instead of a regular one, so that the coupon can be applied to that term only. WP Admin -> s2Member -> Coupons -> Legend -> Directive

re-direct that user to the login page (/wp-login.php) with a message

You could try the success attribute with the wp-login.php URL, including a var in the querystring that shows that he just paid, and then to wp-login.php add a conditional that checks for that variable and if there display the message.

WP Admin -> s2Member -> Stripe Forms -> Shortcode Attributes -> success
    WP Admin -> s2Member -> General -> Login/Registration Design -> Footer

I don’t know… Could you please try these actions to narrow down the possibilities? http://s2member.net/troubleshooting-tips-21

Thanks! I look forward to your update. 🙂

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

download restrictions during the trial period?

No, the restriction is based on level, and the user gets the level for the trial, so he gets the same amount of downloads as the paying subscriber at that level.

It’s an interesting question, though. If it were me, I’d probably look at using advanced conditionals to try limit it. Maybe change the limit number dynamically based on his time at that level… I haven’t done this before, though, so I don’t know exactly what the code would be.

Yes it would be great if restricting downloads during free trial were an option. Otherwise one can use up all their downloads during the trial period, then unsubscribe once they are done…without paying for full service.

i can add a billing method on a Stripe Checkout pro form, but I don’t see how to delete:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Could you show me?

http://puu.sh/lBkPI/02f04223bb.png – Pls see this screenshot.
    That’s from a Stripe Pro Form. I can add a card (which you see), but there isnt an option for me to delete the card.
    Funny thing, however, is that you can add another card to the account, and it will override the previous card…just can’t delete it.

Refreshing the page also deletes the card info from memory.

discount apply only for the FIRST MONTH, ONLY? If not, then how

You could use the ta-only directive for the coupon, and then you’d need to make the first month be the initial term of the subscription you’re selling, instead of a regular one, so that the coupon can be applied to that term only. WP Admin -> s2Member -> Coupons -> Legend -> Directive

Hmm I get that scenario, wasn’t what i truly wanted, but I’ll look into that. Seems like a good idea to implement.

re-direct that user to the login page (/wp-login.php) with a message

You could try the success attribute with the wp-login.php URL, including a var in the querystring that shows that he just paid, and then to wp-login.php add a conditional that checks for that variable and if there display the message.

WP Admin -> s2Member -> Stripe Forms -> Shortcode Attributes -> success
    WP Admin -> s2Member -> General -> Login/Registration Design -> Footer

Could you pls show me a example of this? I saw the info on the link you showed me, but im still not getting it.

Thanks for your responses.

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

I don’t know… Could you please try these actions to narrow down the possibilities? http://s2member.net/troubleshooting-tips-21

The tips on that link did not help my issue. I’ll play around with it to see what the deal is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.