Stripe Pro Forms with Paypal Express Checkout Integration?

Forums General Stripe Pro Forms with Paypal Express Checkout Integration?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Hello.

Im almost done setting up my site with s2member. I have a (hopefully simple) question:

Can I set up my Pro Stripe account with Pay Pal Express Checkout? I already have a Stripe account and a Basic Pay Pal (Business Account).

I want to know how to go from Business pay pal, to Pay Pal Express…and then how to integrate that with my Stripe Pro Forms in s2member.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

You can use PayPal Express Checkout and Stripe payment processors, but not in the same pro-form yet. The Stripe pro-form won’t process a payment with PayPal.

You could open a feature request for that over at GitHub to add your vote for it and let Jason know about it. https://github.com/websharks/s2member/issues

To use different processor pro-forms, you’d need to have them in separate pages (there shouldn’t be more than one per page), and you could let the customer pick which one to pay through in the previous step of the checkout process.

I hope that helps. 🙂

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Okay thanks for the response.

I may have to bug Jason about it at git hub. Thanks 🙂

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Well the question to ask for the moment, is how can I take my account from Paypal Standard Business and use Express Checkout? Or is that possible?

You can just start using Express Checkout, and new sales will go through it instead of PayPal Standard, but that won’t migrate existing subscriptions if there are any, from Standard to Express Checkout.

Existing subscriptions will continue to be billed on your Standard account, and new subscriptions on your Express Checkout one, if I’m not mistaken. You can test this with purchases for 1 cent recurring.

If you don’t have any subscriptions with the Standard account, then the transition will be even simpler.

Does that help?

Hitsheets LLC
    Participant

Yes it does.

Are the express checkout buttons made the same way the standard buttons (from s2member > PayPal Buttons)?

The Express Checkout integration uses the s2Member Pro forms, not buttons. But the pro-form does have the submit button that looks like a PayPal button, though.

PayPal Express Checkout submit button

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.