Reply To: How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded?
› Forums › General › How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded? › Reply To: How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded?
I never had to sort that out before, so I needed to research it a little to answer.
Here’s what I found at another forum: http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forum/topic/force-a-file-to-download-instead-of-showing-up-in-the-browser
1) In the S3 console, select an object, and then click the ‘properties’ button (if the properties window at the bottom isn’t already visible).
2) Click the ‘add more metadata’ button, and add:
Key: Content-Disposition Value: attachment
To add the metadata to all the files of a bucket or just a folder in a couple of clicks with CloudBerry Explorer.
1) right click your folder (or bucket) and select “Set Http Headers”
2) In the new window, click “Add”
3) For Http Headers, choose: “content disposition” and for Value: attachment; filename=
4) Click “OK”
5) At the bottom, select: Keep existing headers, overwrite values for headers with the same name and add new headers (from the list specified above)
Let me know if that helps. 🙂
- This reply was modified 5 years ago by Cristián Lávaque.