No RECURRING LOVE

Forums General No RECURRING LOVE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Hall
    Participant

For some unknown reason we simply cannot get s2m to recognize an IPN from Paypal when the payment is a recurring one.

We are trying to trace the problem in s2m code but are not clear how recurring payments are tracked on the s2m logs.

Can anyone kindly tel us any of the following?:

(1) We see a log entry for our test payment that is at the time we would expect our first recurring IPN in the paypal-payflow-ipn.log … it says “‘txn_type’ => ‘subscr_signup’,” — We would be expecting this to be an IPN from paypal – is that what it is?

(2) The paypal-payflow-api.log at this same time shows ‘TRXTYPE’ => ‘R’, .. Does the ‘R’ mean recurring?

(3) The s2-http-api-debug.log shows the payment url being hit at this same time but it’s: [url] => https://payflowpro.paypal.com

Is this normal?Seems like the url ought to the one specified in our api-notification (payment) url.

(4) Should we be seeing the transaction type ‘merch_pmt’ in the log somewhere?

Any experience reading these logs would be a great help. We never ever seen the payment url fire other than during an initial payment in 2+ years of s2m operation. It’s now become a major headache for us as we are having to manually track sales commissions for 1000 subscribers.

Thanks in advance !
    james@semantica-portuguese.com

Hi James, sorry for the delay, I’ve been away for the Holidays.

Let me see if I understand: you are charging users successfully for one-time payments, and are being able to sell a subscription and get the first payment, but you can’t get the following payments in the subscription. Is that correct?

Tell me, what PayPal flavor do you use? Express Checkout, PayPal Pro, PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition? (Note that it’s different from PayFlow Pro) http://s2member.net/paypal-pro-payflow-dprp-express-checkout-104

Did you verify that your PayPal integration is complete and correct? Did you do test subscriptions for 1 cent daily to see if you can reproduce the behavior in a controlled manner to help spot what may be wrong?

I’d like to see the logs, can you send me a copy to cristian at s2member net? And tell me what transactions to look for.

I look forward to your update. 🙂

James Hall
    Participant

Hi Chris – good to see you here.

The questions above (in this post) have pretty much been answer BUT the problem is still there 😉

Let me explain in better words what is happening – maybe you’ve seen this before (the shortcode is pro form with paid trial, then a recurring sub):

– 1st payment all good, all email/notifications are hit

– S2 member makes a payflow call, let say that the payment was made on 30 of december, S2 called payflow on 1st of january.

– S2 member marks the second call as “no action required by S2” and that is it.

I could show you the logs but i don’t think that will help. I have a pro coder looking at all of this and it’s really clear that s2m simply does nothing when getting the ipn from PP.

For example, in the file paypal-payflow-poll.inc.php, the code says this:

if ( expired|too many failures ) {

// Do make a call to the S2 IPN functions

} else if ( suspended|canceled|terminated|deactivated ) {

// Same as above

} else {

// Here you have two actions that basically all they do is log
    // One logs if there are no IPN Signup Vars and the other is logged if the payflow returns ACTIVE for recurring profile.

}

It should make a call to S2 notify URL even on active and the status “Active” should be something like recurring or something along those lines.

But nothing happens. S2m never sees the recurring payment even though we do receive the $. We would be OK with this except that now with 1000+ subscribers the task of calculating reseller commissions is insanely difficult and time consuming.

Do you have any real experts in s2m api code that could help us troubleshoot this? Jason has no time to deal with this as apparently we are the only ones with this issue.

Best, James

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.