Creating a log of payments

Forums General Creating a log of payments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Warner
    Participant

Hi

I’ve been using s2Member Pro for a number of years and it’s brilliant!

I want to create a log that records the name / userid / payment amount / user IP / coupon code (etc) every time a payment is made, which I can then import into Excel for accounting purposes. Looking around the knowledgebase on the site, it looks as though the API Payment Notification option would be the best way of doing this ( http://s2member.com/kb-article/building-an-api-notification-handler-webhook/ ) . However, I don’t know PHP and don’t have any links with anyone that does.

The information in the KB is a good starting point, but if anyone has any tips / advice to help me achieve my particular aim, I would be very grateful. If there is an easier way of doing this too, I would love to hear it.

Thank you,

Mark

Yeah, that’d definitely would be a good way to do it, with the payment notification.

You could post a job in a freelancers site. I have the idea of writing an add-on plugin for that, but really don’t have any estimated time to even start working on it.

One thing you could do right away, is use the email option for the notification, so s2Member sends you an email with all the data the notification has. WP Admin -> s2Member -> Notifications -> Payment -> Email

I hope that helps! 🙂

Mark Warner
    Participant

Hi Cristián,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Thank you for your comments in the original s2member forum too – the collection of posts and responses there have been very helpful over the years.

Just to follow up on this (if anyone else is looking for a similar option), I’ve set up the payment notification email to send to a separate email address and I’m using Multi Text Parser ( MTP ) to parse the details when they’re downloaded in Mail on the Mac. The details can then be copied into Excel. It seems to be working well and means that I don’t have to worry about additional plugins.

Thanks again,

Mark

Krum Cheshmedjiev
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I think about such solution some time ago, will be happy to help you. You can find me at http://krumch.com/contacts/.

@Christian: Please delete this reply, if you find it not good somehow. BTW, I can not contact you, even contact form here don’t send my messages.

@Mark, I’m glad you found a solution for that. Thanks for the update!

@Krum, your reply is fine, I don’t mind you getting jobs from here. I’m glad to see the community at work. 🙂

Thanks for the heads up on the contact form. I’m suspecting that WP-SpamShield is not working correctly and preventing legitimate users from leaving comments or sending emails… I’ll disable it for now because I don’t have time to debug it at the moment, although it was the only plugin I had found that does a decent job preventing spam registrations. You have my Gmail address, and you can CC cristian at s2member net as well.

Krum Cheshmedjiev
    Participant

@Cristian, still can not send a message by the contact form. I send a mail to your both addresses, please check.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.