Confirmation of Registration and Welcome Messages

Forums General Confirmation of Registration and Welcome Messages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Shapiro
    Participant

Cristian

i have been a bit confused about two other situations which I think i understand how to do now but can you confirm this is correct

1) we have level 1 as our 30 day trial members, so we have on the signup page, all the registration information to fill in – but is this where the email message will come from to welcome them (non paying) as new members (or for that matter anyone who registers on our site as a normal free member:

General Options / Email Configuration / New User Email message (configure)?

after a new member signs up for this trial membership using a Pro form with registration=1, what page will see after
    they register?

2) now we turn to a paid member, using a Paypal Pro Form to sign up – we are told to send the person to paypal first, then
    they get sent back to our website to a final registration page (what is this page and what does it look like?) …

plus is there welcome message for joining that we can change the content found at:

Paypal Options / Sign-up Confirmation Email (Pro Form)?

thank you Cristian

Joshua

after a new member signs up for this trial membership using a Pro form with registration=1, what page will see after they register?

See: WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Forms -> Custom Return

now we turn to a paid member, using a Paypal Pro Form to sign up – we are told to send the person to paypal first, then they get sent back to our website to a final registration page (what is this page and what does it look like?)

The pro-form doesn the registration too, so when you’re using PayPal Express Checkout he’ll go to their site to pay, but the pro-form will create his account.

If the user is logged in, then the form will only handle the payment and modify the current user, not create a new one.

is there welcome message for joining that we can change the content found at: Paypal Options / Sign-up Confirmation Email (Pro Form)?

You can edit it there, yes.

If you don’t allow custom passwords, i.e. one will be generated for him on registration, he’ll get an email from WordPress with it, and you can customize it here: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General -> Email Configuration -> New User

Joshua Shapiro
    Participant

1) I know in paypal after someone pays – they get sent to a page we want them to see – so what you are saying basically for all Paypal forms is we can send a person to the next page to see – so for a trial member we could send them back to the home page of our site if we want

2) now are you saying that if a new member pays on Paypal, that also s2member pro will automatically make a new account for them, enter their name, email, and send the welcome email I setup — also will send a temporary password?

3) I see how to change the welcome email to the paid members, but what about the welcome emails to the trial member,
    under general options is an Email setting message, is this where their welcome message comes from? – the new User message you said above right?

where do we go within wordpress to allow or not allow custom passwords, I think its better to let wordpress send a custom or generated password and have the member login and change it

thanks Cristian again for your help – I have a test system offered to me where I can try this all out

one other questions, if I use sandbox on paypal – I don’t need to worry about what is called my merchant ID?

thanks – Joshua

so what you are saying basically for all Paypal forms is we can send a person to the next page to see

Yes, you can set the URL to take the person to after returning from the payment. See the documentation there and run some tests to see how it works. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Forms -> Custom Return

if a new member pays on Paypal, that also s2member pro will automatically make a new account for them, enter their name, email, and send the welcome email I setup — also will send a temporary password?

If you used the pro-form, and the user is not logged in, the pro-form will also be a registration form, not just for payment.

The account will be created and, if you disabled custom passwords, one will be generated by WordPress and sent to the user by email. WP Admin -> s2Member -> General -> Registration/Profile Fields & Options -> Custom Passwords

I see how to change the welcome email to the paid members, but what about the welcome emails to the trial member

No, there isn’t a special email for those that pick a trial, but you could probably use some PHP code in your signup confirmation email template to change the message dynamically based on that. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Signup Confirmation (Pro-Form) -> PHP

under general options is an Email setting message, is this where their welcome message comes from? – the new User message you said above right?

Yes, when you don’t allow custom passwords. When the user can set his password, then WordPress won’t send that email (it used to, but WP changed that in a recent update).

if I use sandbox on paypal – I don’t need to worry about what is called my merchant ID?

I suggest that you watch these videos:

s2Member®: Using The PayPal Sandbox – YouTube

s2Member PayPal Sandbox Tip – YouTube

I hope that helps. 🙂

Andrej Stas
    Participant

Hi Joshua,

plus is there welcome message for joining that we can change the content found at:

Paypal Options / Sign-up Confirmation Email (Pro Form)?

You can set any number of welcome messages or renewal reminders with my new plugin s2emails.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.