Reply To: Review of a trial member upgrading to a paid member

Forums General Review of a trial member upgrading to a paid member Reply To: Review of a trial member upgrading to a paid member

I see there are versions of the Pro Form that are available to create a shortcode if a member
wish to do an upgrade as a paid member

Do you mean the Modification Pro-Form? That one works for registered users only, while the regular pro-form works for existing users only, while the regular pro-form can be used to register new ones or upgrade existing ones.

lets assume they are logged in, they are level 2 – and they pay for level 3 – does this mean?:
one – on paypal their level 2 reoccurrence is stopped and a level 3 payment reoccurrence will replace it
and then their role in the user would be changed to level 3?

Yes, in PayPal the level 2 subscription would be ended and a new one created for level 3, and his WP role gets changed to s2Member Level 3.

what I am concerned about is if an existing member (level 2 or 3) decides to pay again – with the current
user name, that it will reset their account? change their date of joining our membership – ??

No, he can’t register a new account with the same username, and trying it wouldn’t reset his existing account.

how can I change a user’s date when they join being a member so I can test for the 2nd month of drip feeding?

Why would you need to change the date for the drip? You can drip based on the date he got a particular access, so level 0 and level 2 could have different dates if he registered free first and upgraded later. Does that make sense? See: WP Admin -> s2Member -> Scripting -> Content Dripping

I hope that helps. 🙂