Reply To: How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded?

Forums General How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded? Reply To: How to get a pdf file on amazon s3 to be viewed and downloaded?

now I don’t know if I needed to delete the other meta data I setup before

I don’t think it was needed. I just did a test leaving the others as they were, and the link now downloads the file instead of opening it.

when I click on the link to our pdf file on amazon s3 – using the code via s2member pro – we still see the pdf file being displayed in the browser

Hmm…

Did you verify that PDF is not in your Inline Files setting? WP Admin -> s2Member -> Download -> Inline File Extensions

Also, can I see the shortcode for your file link?

I am assuming if and when we can get this working, this means we will have to live with just letting our members download the files and not be able to all view (the pdf files) or hear (the mp3 files)

I thought that’s what you wanted, that the files always get downloaded instead of opened. If I misunderstood, could you please correct and explain in detail the behavior you want? Thanks!

any ideas if there is a way to get the plugin PDF Viewer to work with our pdf file on amazon s3

I don’t know… This one? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdf-viewer/oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm?hl=en